New From the Fancy Plans PressOctober 6, 2009
Living on Pennies per Year: The Homeopathic Guide to Budgeting
Borrow This Book! The Fairly Essential Handbook for Mild Mannered Revolutionaries and Conscience-Ridden Kleptomaniacs
Strunk & White’s The Elements of Texting
So You Want to Be a Journalist: Making the Most of Your Last-Minute Major in the New Millennium
Covers such essential ground as: suing Google, suing blog hosting, suing bloggers, erecting paywalls, insulting your readers’ intelligence, cranky bitching, etc.
(Future installments may include: investigative techniques, finding reliable sources, working with your reader base, actual journalism, etc.)
Sharing is Stealing: Child-Rearing Advice from Parents in the Music Industry
- Why every child needs their own set of toys
- Nothing says “Happy Birthday” like writing our a check to cover performance royalties
- Keep that radio turned down, dammit! (That check for performance royalties is coming out of your allowance, mister.)
- Illegal downloading is “wack,” or so says relevant actress Alicia Silverstone
- How would you like it is some came and took all of your toys and did whatever they wanted with them? I mean, you would still have your toys, but like they took an exact copy of your toys. For free. And then they enjoyed your toys themselves or shared them with their friends and didn’t even pay you for, well, not exactly taking your toys, I guess… Let me start over. You have toys that you paid for. Someone else wants to use your toys. Again, not your actual toys, but an exact copy of them and they wouldn’t have to pay for them… I mean, you paid for your toys so it’s not fair that they don’t pay for their set. People should pay for stuff because stuff costs money. Even though you don’t play with all your toys… because like every set of 14 or 15 toys only has about 1 or 2 toys that you even play with more than once… Sharing is stealing! I don’t need to explain this!
Growing Up in the Shadows: Solange Knowles in Her Own Tweets
- someone just keeps pollinating my days…:)))))))))) and clever notes to sprinkle a little more beautimous and awesomery energy my way:)
- Star and triangle shaped iced cubes! Why do I get a big kick out of things like this???
- Can’t believe movie was sold out!!! Uber sad faces.
- @xdaniel lol. I speak greatly about my hood. I love Houston lookn ass girl.
One World, One Village: The Young Person’s Guide to Co-Opting Other Cultures
- Bob Marley’s Greatest Hits and you’re in, mon. Especially if you’re holding.
- The keffiyeh and other essential gear for the pretentious twat
- White boys & rap; or Eminem: groundbreaking fluke?
The Naive Tourists Guide to Staying the Fuck Out of Trouble: East Coast Edition
- New Jersey – officially off-limits
- Emergency plans including “Roll up the windows!” “Lock the doors!” and “Floor it!” (includes helpful tips gleaned from Bonfire of the Vanities)
- Winning 3-card monte strategies
- How to buy drugs without looking like a narc (for instance: “Can I possibly trouble you fellows for some narcotics?” is completely wrong and possibly deadly)
Coming soon: West Coast Edition
- Enjoying a “Fuck wit Dre Day” on less than $40 a day
- When a stop sign is not a stop sign: the rolling stop in 3 easy steps
- How’s my driving? Follow up question: How’s my shooting?
- 90mph merging strategies
- Overpriced bullshit: the Haight-Ashbury legacy
- Fastest driving routes to get “straight outta Compton”
Deep South Edition
- The legal ramifications of not being “from around here”
- Making small town corruption work for you
- Black? Consider visiting the East Coast or West Coast instead
- Atlanta: glittering metropolis or duded-up backwater town?
- The sights, sounds and smells of the “Redneck Riviera”: Your guide to the Florida panhandle
Our Organ Banks, Ourselves: The Reality of Being More Useful Dead Than Alive
The Goofus & Gallant Guide to Formal Occasions
- Gallant prepares his remarks carefully using 3×5 cards; Goofus rambles on at length about his fascination with quote: “the surviving members of Wham!”
- Gallant waits quietly to be introduced; Goofus kills another guest for “eyeballing” his date
Half-Full Proverbs for a Half-Empty Life (Illustrations by Half-Ass “Painter of Lite” Thomas Kincaid)
Your Inner Slut: Freeing Yourself from Moral Oppression (foreword by Tara Reid)